The research work that is being conducted by the team of SEL-Promise, could be successful applied in the following industries:
- Software Industry
- Automotive Industry
- Health Care Industry
- Environmental Engineering
- Education Services
- Coss-Industrial Application: Intangible Assets Governance
As specialists in software engineering and knowledge governance, we can help software organization to improve their processes performance by linking their process and knowledge assets with their business goals; this lead to obtain some benefits such as time waste reduction and products quality improvement. You can learn more about our experience helping the software industry reading the following papers:
- Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura. Sustainable Organizational Knowledge Management Supported by Information Technology. Future 2020 World Conference: The Role of Management Consultancy. Helsinki, Finland. June 21 & 22, 2011.
- Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Fuensanta Medina-Dominguez, Arturo Mora-Soto, Antonio Amescua. Enhancing Productivity Through Products And Knowledge Reuse. 18th. EuroSPI Conference. Roskilde, Denmark. June 27th. to 29th. 2011.
- Maria-Isabel Sánchez-Segura, Fuensanta Medina-Dominguez, Antonio de Amescua, Arturo Mora-Soto. Improving the Efficiency of Use of Software Engineering Practices Using Product Patterns. Information Sciences (Impact Factor: 3.291), Volume 180, Issue 14, July 15, 2010, Pages 2721-2742.
- Fuensanta Medina-Dominguez, Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Arturo Mora-Soto, Antonio Amescua. Patterns in the Field of Software Engineering. International Conferences on Pervasive Patterns and Applications (PATTERNS 2009). Athens, Greece. November, 15-20, 2009.
In the automotive industry we can help automobile manufacturers or researchers improving the components design process as well the embedded software design, testing, and implementation. This could be reach thanks to the knowledge elicitation techniques developed by PROMISE researchers that have shown signs of improvement in resources management (time, people and budget) and waste reduction. You can learn more about our experience helping the automotive industry reading the following paper:
- Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Vicente, Diaz-Lopez, Daniel Garcia-Pozuelo, Arturo Mora-Soto. Metamodel Optimized for the Design of the ABS, ASR, ESP and Traction Control of a Motor Vehicle. 13th EAEC European Automotive Congress 2011. June 13-16, 2011, Valencia, Spain.
Health Care Industry
In health care (or medical) industry we can help mainly in two aspects. First, thanks to the knowledge transference and learning methods and techniques developed by PROMISE researchers, we can support medical e-learning initiatives in collaboration with medical specialist to train doctors and nurses in specific medical procedures. Second, thanks to our knowledge governance framework we can help health care providers (such as hospitals or clinics) to create their own live knowledge repository in order to collectively encode, store, and use knowledge in their daily activities. At the present time we don’t have public research results in this area, but if you are interested in this solution, please contact us.
In this realm, we can help environmental engineers or public administrations in the management of their existing knowledge and experience regarding their natural resources to develop training or certification courses using our learning methods and technics. Also we can help developing management dashboards to help them to make decisions that could lead in a better understanding on how a certain natural environment could be improved. At the present time we don’t have public research results in this area, but if you are interested in this solution, please contact us.
As university lecturers, we have a wide experience helping our students to boost their performance and improving their learning experience to help them to become successful professionals. In this sense, we can help educational institutions to implement effective practices in their learning processes to improve the learning experience at the class, and event, to provide an educational environment to extend the students learning experience beyond the walls of the schools. To support this way of learning, we can help educational institutions selecting the best information technologies to improve the learning process of their students in a non-technology-invasion environment, where technology is such as a great support tool and not a distractor for students. You can learn more about our experience helping the software industry reading the following papers:
- Ana Moreno, Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Fuensanta Medina-Dominguez, Laura Carvajal. Balancing software engineering education and industrial need. Journal of Systems and Software (JCR- Impact Factor: 1.282 Computer Science, Software Engineering 2009) ISSN 0164-1212. Available online 8 February 2012.
- Fuensanta Medina-Dominguez, Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Arturo Mora-Soto, Antonio Amescua. A Case Study in Teaching Collaborative Web Tools at University. 5th. International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation (ICERI) 2012. November 19th, 20th and 21st. 2012. Madrid, Spain
- Ana Moreno, Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Fuensanta Medina-Dominguez. Analysis of Coverage of CMMI Practices in Software Engineering Curricula. SEPG Europe 2012 Conference. Madrid, Spain. June 5th. to 7th. 2012.
- Marcela Padilla-Guerrero, Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Arturo Mora-Soto, Antonio Amescua. Las redes sociales al servicio del aprendizaje: un caso práctico. RELADA - Revista Electrónica de ADA-Madrid, Vol 5, No 1 (2011)
- Marcela Padilla-Guerrero, Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Arturo Mora-Soto, Antonio Amescua. Assessing Leadership, Commitment And Solidarity On The Classroom. 4th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation (ICERI 2011). Madrid, Spain. November 14th. to 16th.
- Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Arturo Mora-Soto, Antonio Amescua, Fuensanta Medina-Domínguez. Knowledge Reuse As The Vehicle To Establish The Basis For Students Innovation Capabilities. International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation (ICERI 2010). Madrid, Spain. November, 15-17, 2010.
- Fuensanta Medina-Dominguez, Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Arturo Mora-Soto, Antonio Amescua. Reverse Engineering and Software Products Reuse to Teach Collaborative Web Portals: A Case Study With Final-Year Computer Science Students. IEEE Transactions on Education (Impact Factor: 0.822), Volume 53, Issue 4, December, 21, 2009, Pages 595 - 607
Coss-Industrial Application: Intangible Assets Governance
Intangible assets governance refers to the management and valoration of any intangible asset of an organization, with the purpose of identify the value of these assets for the organization as well as to bring to light what is the use that is being done of these assets and what is the contribution of them for the achievement of organizational goals. This is a cross-industrial application because it applies to any kind of industry where intangible assets are a key asset. You can learn more about our experience in this area reading the following paper:
- Arturo Mora-Soto, Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Alejandro Ruiz-Robles, Fuensanta Medina-Dominguez. Organizational Knowledge Management to Increase Productivity. European Conference of Knowledge Management (ECKM) 2012. September 6th. to 7th. 2012. Cartagena, Spain.
- Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Alejandro Ruiz-Robles, Arturo Mora-Soto. Enhancing Process Asset Assessment. SEPG Europe 2012 Conference. Madrid, Spain. June 5th. to 7th. 2012.
- Diana-Marcela Vásquez-Bravo, Maria-Isabel Sánchez-Segura, Fuensanta Medina-Domínguez and Antonio Amescua. Guideline to select Knowledge Elicitation Techniques. 4th World Summit on the Knowledge Society 21-23 September 2011, Mykonos, Greece.
- Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Arturo Mora-Soto, Fuensanta Medina-Dominguez and Antonio Amescua. Organizational Knowledge Capitalization Based on Product Patterns and Web 2.0 Technology. Organizational, Business, and Technological Aspects of the Knowledge Society. pp. 371-380. 2010. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2010. ISBN 978-3-642-16323-4.
- Arturo Mora-Soto, Maria-Isabel Sanchez-Segura, Fuensanta Medina-Dominguez, Antonio Amescua. Methodological and Technological Framework Proposal to Capitalize Organizational Knowledge. International Conference on Software Engineering Advances (ICSEA 2010). Nice, France. August, 22-27, 2010.